Our staff stands beside families as they decide what their son or daughter with a disability needs to succeed in life. We guide families to the services that will make those dreams happen.

ADEC has been in this business for 65 years. We help families learn the lingo and discover the many state and local agencies and groups that can best serve their child.

At ADEC, there is no such thing as a silly question. When a family needs help, we will always answer the call, respond to the email or sit down face-to-face to discuss the options and many resources available in Northern Indiana. Even if we do not have the answer, we will connect the family with someone who does.

It’s easy to get lost along the path between disability services, educational opportunities and employment options when a child graduates from high school, but ADEC is prepared to help families transition their child to the next step in their life — whatever that may be.

Get in touch

Using the resources and links made available on this site, we can help you connect with the support and information you seek.

If you prefer personal face-to-face assistance, or would simply like to speak with somebody about your questions, please contact Katie Kessler at 574-522-7802 at kesslerk@adecinc.com.

Resources for families

United Way of Elkhart County: (574) 295-1650 or 211

Loveway: (574) 825-5666

Lifeline: (260) 343-9942

Guidance Ministries: (574) 296-7192

Bashor Home: (574) 875-5117

Oaklawn: (574) 533-1234

4Cs – Childcare: (574) 289-7815, ext. 211

Heart City Health: (574) 293-0052

Maple City Health: (574) 534-3300

Salvation Army: (574) 970-0088 or (574) 533-9584

Faith Mission: (574) 293-3406

Family Christian Development Center: (574) 773-2149

Families First: (574) 522-2590

iFit (Indiana Families in Transition) : (574) 295-6596

CAPS: (574) 522-1998

For many, these resources made available by the State of Indiana can be helpful if you are seeking information about financial assistance and supports needed for a loved one with a disability.

BDDS (Bureau of Developmental Disabilities) : (574) 232-1412

Hoosier Healthwise: 1-(800)-889-9949

Sometimes parents and families just need to connect with other parents for support and guidance.  Support groups in our area include the following programs and agencies:

Asperger/High Functioning Autism Parent Group: (574) 534-2718

Elkhart County Down Syndrome Support Group: (574) 296-9962

Elkhart County Clubhouse (Mental Health) : (574) 533-8026

Ryan’s Place (Grieving) : (574) 535-1000

CFMC Families Living with Celiac Disease: (574) 825-3366

H.A.V.E.N. (Medically Fragile Children) : (574) 235-8899

Michiana Moms@Home: (574) 231-0396

If you are simply seeking information about disabilities and services available to individuals with a disability, here are some good resources:

ARC of Indiana: (317) 977-2375

ASK (About Special Kids) : 1-(800)-964-4746

BDDS (Bureau of Developmental Disabilities) : (574) 232-1412

A View From My Window , hosted by Michelle Fischer