At ADEC, we believe that all individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities deserve lives full of choice and possibility — not just the ones who live with us or attend our day services.
ADEC is a chapter of The Arc, the largest organization in the country advocating for individuals with disabilities and their families. ADEC is one of 700 chapters nationwide and 43 in Indiana to join forces on the front lines to:
- Empower families with information and resources to assist them in their journey of raising a child with a disability to lead a full and meaningful life.
- Inspire positive change in public policy and public attitudes.
- Empower people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities to be self-sufficient and independent to the greatest extent possible.
- Prevent disabilities through education about the dangers of drugs and alcohol while pregnant and advocating for all women to have quality prenatal care.
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for families and their loved ones.
We strongly believe in the quality of the services we offer here at ADEC, but we also believe that a family should have the right to choose the provider that best fits their needs (after all, choice is in our tagline.)
ADEC offers the community more than 65 years of experience in serving and advocating for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We help families navigate the complex maze of government services and local resources — even if they do not ultimately use that waiver to receive services from ADEC.