The 18th birthday is an important milestone, one that may mark the first time an individual is legally allowed to make their own decisions. However, sometimes adults need guidance when making important medical or financial decisions. ADEC’s guardianship program is a resource for situations such as this. This program currently serves more than 60 adults and for more than 30 years, has helped with personal decisions, advocating, and protection.
WHAT WE DO
- Hold visits a minimum of once a month but remain on-call 24/7
- Ensure services are delivered as indicated by person-centered plan
- Attend meetings and medical appointments
- Advocate for an individuals needs, concerns, issues, or treatments
- Review records, goals, behavior plans, and finances
- Protect from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Other responsibilities as needed
Are you interested in referring a client to ADEC’s guardianship program? Fill out the referral form and we will get in touch with you.