ADEC is holding a free two-part webinar, How Disability Benefits and Employment Work Together, on October 21 and November 18, 1:00 to 2:00 pm. Learn how people with disabilities can maintain their benefits and have meaningful employment. The speaker will be Susan Faltynski, ADEC’s manager of employment services.
Part one will cover:
- The most common misconceptions about disability benefits and working
- An overview of the types of disability benefits, including medical, housing, and groceries
- Cash benefits including who is eligible, when benefits begin, and the maximum benefits
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Part two will cover:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and the Trail Work Period
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the Earned Income Exclusion
- The Earned Income Tax Credit and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- Individual Development Accounts and ABLE Accounts
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Ticket to Work
No computer? No problem! ADEC is holding two webinar watch parties at the Gaining Grounds Conference Center, 19670 IN-120, Bristol, IN. Come view part one on October 21, 1-2 pm, and then come back for part two November 18, 1-2 pm. See you there!